We’ve got a new ‘tournament’ world on the MineSquish server – EnderPong!
Huge props to Sethbling for the original concept, adapted for our server by Trollsama (with inspiration from Meles of the Krash Palisades server!) – EnderPong is a completely player-managed event that needs zero admin interaction so you can play it any time you like!
HOW IT WORKS:
The goal of the game is to use enderpearls to try to teleport yourself into one of the opposing team’s ‘cups’. Falling into a cup will trigger a pressure plate that collapses the cup, and that’s one point for your team. The first team to collapse every cup wins. After throwing your pearl, run into the pit on the same side of the field that you’re on (i.e. if you’re red team, you’re throwing your pearls to green team’s side of the field and will run into the pit under green team’s stand) to dispense the next enderpearl and TP back to your stand.
- You can reach EnderPong from the portal cunningly titled ‘EnderPong’ in the lower floor of the portal room.
- You will join the world in the viewing stands. Behind you will be a portal back to Triumph, and a rules board.
- There are two teams – Red vs Green.
- Matches are 2vs2, so only two players per team at a time.
- There’s a Reset button in the center of the field, with signs either side indicating that to begin, the red team runs into the pit beneath the green team’s stand, and vice versa.
- Beneath each team stand is a series of pressure plates. Standing on a plate will dispense an enderpearl onto the opposing team’s platform above your head, and open the portalway back to your own team stand.
Everything is automated, so if you play the game precisely as outlined above, every player will get their enderpearls dispensed automagically for their next turn.