Server Rules & Information
Here are the rules for our family-friendly MineSquish Minecraft server. These rules must be followed at all times. Failure to do so will get you kicked and/or banned and removed from the whitelist. "I didn't know the rules" is not an acceptable excuse. The rules include, but are not limited to, the overall site rules which can be read here - http://indiesquish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=518
If you are a player on the server, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to regularly check the MineSquish Forum - particularly News & Announcements, Access & Support and Chat & Media - to keep up to date with important updates on rule changes, bugs and general forum information that we post there.
* GENERAL RULES *
- No swearing at all. Harsh swear words will get you banned immediately; lighter swear words will get you a warning and then a ban if you ignore the warning. The server admins reserve the right to judge which words are considered harsh, and acronyms/abbreviations DO count as swearing. We allow replacement of words like 'damn' with 'darn' as long as you keep it light and not crass. Self-censoring (i.e. "What the ****!")will get you banned under the assumption that you intended to swear; if you mean 'what the fudge', write 'what the fudge'.
- No harassing players or admins.
- No griefing. This includes, but is not limited to, tampering with another person's property, stealing, or attempting to kill a player. If you didn't build it, you don't touch it, unless you have express permission from the owner.
- No arguing with staff on the server. The staff are there to ensure that the environment on the server is fun and friendly and that the rules are maintained. If you feel something was handled unfairly, make a forum post.
- Keep your MC account secure. Make sure that you are the only person who knows your Minecraft password, that it is a strong password, and that you change it regularly. The security of your account is your responsibility to maintain. If your account gets hacked or you leave your account logged in and someone else joins the server with your name, and any of the server rules are broken as a result, then your account will be banned.
- Only one account per player is allowed, and each whitelisted account is to have only one player unless staff have been notified otherwise. If your sister plays on your account and breaks a rule, the account will be banned.
- No asking for items, teleports, warp points, cuboided houses, free items or other hand-outs from staff.
- No chat spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, repeating sentences and/or splitting short sentences into several lines unnecessarily. Very occasional use of CAPS (typing in capital letters) is fine (for example, in using abbreviations like LOL or slipping the OCCASIONAL word into a sentence), but repeated and large-scale use of CAPS is not condoned and users will be kicked and, if necessary, banned for failure to heed warnings. This is to ensure that server chat, which can get very busy at times, is kept as clean and readable as possible.
- No exploiting bugs or glitches. If you are caught, you will be banned. If you find a bug, please report it to staff.
MOB/XP-GRINDER and FARM RULES
- No XP, mob or item farms of any kind are allowed anywhere on the server (this INCLUDES houses that are built such to encourage villagers to breed indefinitely). Please see this forum post for a more detailed explanation.
- Claiming or destroying Blaze Spawners is NOT allowed. They are a rare resource and we are a very large community. Be friendly and considerate and learn the art of sharing. Blaze spawners may also NOT be traded in as a part of the spawner trading scheme.
* WORLD RULES *
- Activities like Parkour courses should only be built in Freebuild or Exploration
- Wither spawning is ONLY allowed in Exploration, and they must be spawned a safe distance away from any existing player builds
- Players may not manage any events or create any situation where they are giving orders to any of our other players. We are a community server - we play as a community.
- World is reset every two months
- No build restrictions - build any size, towns are allowed, communal builds are allowed - but everything will be wiped every two months
- No snow golems. Iron golems ONLY if they are a part of a build. The more mobs we have wandering around, the more lag there is
- No rollercoasters or rail
- No redstone, unless purely decorative and completely non-functional (lighting a lamp or pushing up a piston for a table is fine - a piston door is not fine)
- No void holes (holes that go through the bedrock)
- No spawning animals or mobs
- Griefing is still a bannable offense in the freebuild world
GENERAL BUILD RULES
- 1x1 columns ('noob towers') are not allowed as permanent structures. They will be removed if found.
- 'Nature griefing' is not allowed. Examples include, but are not limited to; stripping a beach of sand right down to the rock without making the area pretty again afterwards, or leaving 'floating' trees instead of chopping the whole tree for the leaves to decay naturally.
- Pixel art (including statues and lettering) is not allowed anywhere on the main world. If you want to build anything that's not a proper architectural structure that one would expect to find in a survival Minecraft world, do it in the Freebuild world.
- Snow Golems are a potential cause of nature griefing. If you make them on the survival world, make sure they're contained. If the admins believe that you've been irresponsible in your placement of Snow Golems and they're running amok covering other players' land in snow, you may be banned.
- No memorials are allowed anywhere on the server. We believe that if someone genuinely wishes to show their respects or commemorate an event, they should seek more sincere ways of doing so. Please remember that the Indie Squish community is a multi-national community with players of many different religions, views and philosophies; the staff will always strive to maintain a neutral playing environment so that everybody feels welcome and comfortable.
- Vertical, one-block-wide shafts are potential death hazards to unsuspecting players and are discouraged. IndieSquish promotes safe mining practices - don't dig straight down, folks! (But seriously - anything that can cause a player to die will be treated as intentionally malicious behaviour.)
* CLIENT MODS AND HACKS *
While the use of client-side mods and hacks is somewhat ambiguous, we would like to provide a basic rule to cover their use: if it gives you any advantage in playing the game that using the basic client doesn't provide, or if it modifies the mechanics of the game in any way, then it is considered cheating. The following use of client-side modifications and 'hacks' are not allowed and you will be banned if you use them:
- Modifying your client or your computer to alter the way our servers interact with you.
- Modifying your client, your computer or any game files to give you an atypical or unfair advantage.
How or why you use the mod/hack is irrelevant - if you use one, and it comes to our attention, then you will be banned.
Below is a list of acceptable mods. We believe these mods add a fun element to the game and when used innocently they will not cause problems. If you try to circumnavigate the capabilities of these mods to provide you with what moderators deem an unfair advantage, you will be banned. Again, if you have any questions, err on the side of caution and ask one of our moderators about it.
- Standard texture packs
- High resolution texture packs or mods
- Any non-offensive player skin (using monster skins as your player skin is okay)
- Lighting and sound mods
- Mods that affect in-game chat
- Mods like Optifine that help increase performance on slow machines
- TMI - players don't have access to /give or /i so those features of this mod won't work
- Inventory Tweaks - all it does is reshuffles the inventory, which is fine
- MineChat - this lets you connect to the server from a mobile device, to be able to talk in server chat.
Please note that the rules above may not cover every eventuality and the staff reserve the right to take action against players as and when we see fit, and to modify the server rules without notice.