The Rules: Redstone?

Status, troubleshooting and general help with the MineSquish Minecraft server
Aminotreal

The Rules: Redstone?

Postby Aminotreal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm

On the rules under freebuild, it says that redstone isn't allowed. However, it says nothing about it for the other worlds. I was going to build some redstone in the main world or my void world, but some other players believed that redstone was not allowed in any world. I didn't want to get banned or warned about this without checking first.

So please, could you tell me if it is allowed or not in the worlds other than freebuild?

Crossfire94
Admin

Re: The Rules: Redstone?

Postby Crossfire94 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 pm

As long as it isn't in either Freebuild or Buildoff, Redstone is fine!! I have a few concealed Redstone doors in my base so gophorit!! :D

-Locking thread.
日本語だいすき!!
アニメといいですね!
Ask Me Anything!

theMote
Admin

Re: The Rules: Redstone?

Postby theMote » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:19 am

-Unlocking thread for quick comment.

As Crossfire says, some redstone is okay outside of Freebuild and Buildoff worlds, but remember that redstone can cause lag. Simple contraptions like doors are no big deal, but a huge sorting system with tons of hoppers and redstone timers can cause problems.

So redstone is okay in Persephone and Exploration, but please keep it reasonable. Staff reserves the right to turn off and/or dismantle any redstone contraptions deemed too big or to be causing lag.

Lastly, thank you very much Aminotreal, for asking for the clarification in advance!

Okay, I'm done.

-Locking thread again.

Return to “MineSquish Access & Support”