If you are having trouble connecting to the MineSquish Server, please read the below before posting asking for help, as it's very likely that your problem is a common one with a known solution.
Firstly, check the Server Status
page. Please note, however, that very occasionally the server may stop responding, which kicks everyone from the server but still makes the server show as 'online' on this page. We are normally made aware of this issue shortly after it happens and can bring the server back quickly, unless it's night time in South Africa and we're fast asleep dreaming of fluffy bunnies, in which case you're looking at waiting up to eight hours.
One of the most important first-step resources is this site - http://isminecraftdown.net/
- if minecraft.net is down, nobody will be able to connect to our servers.
Common Error Messages:
Client error - java.NullException.error
- Update Java and Minecraft and try again.
Error 503 - "HTTP no response"
- Minecraft.net is down or the authentication servers are having problems. Keep trying; it'll let you in eventually.
User Not Premium
- You are either playing in offline mode, or you do not have a full, paid Minecraft account. Only genuine, full, premium Minecraft users can play on our servers.
The Server Responded With An Invalid Server Key
- The server is having trouble talking to the Minecraft Authentication Servers (during busy periods). Keep trying; it'll let you in eventually.
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
- Please read http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topic ... texception
Internal exception: Java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.
- Please read http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/472 ... ion-reset/
Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.
- The connection to the server failed. Possibly caused by high latency to the server (you can check by running a tracert to mc.indiesquish.com), heavy traffic on the server, etc.
- You are trying to connect with a different version of Minecraft than the server is running. You can see the server version from the Multiplayer server connection menu inside Minecraft.
My Problem Isn't Here - What Can I Do?
One last step before you post here asking for help - go to http://help.mojang.com/
and search for the error message or problem you are having.
Finally, if none of the above helped and you still can't connect to the server, make a post here. If the server is down, some of the other players will join in to confirm it and one of the admins will let you know when it's back up.