A polished version can now be downloaded here:
http://indiesquish.com/ludum/one-monste ... cue-squad/
WE MADE IT !
The final game can be played here:
http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-3 ... &uid=10871
SQUISHIES WHO PARTICIPATED:
Kazzr (music, animation)
Lepharian (main character design)
Thanks for coming, all, even those just popped their heads in to say hi and look at the builds.
==== THE BATTLE PLAN ====
The theme is "You Are the Monster": See http://ludumdare.com/
What we are building:
A reverse-Pokemon game. You play a little monster. There is a village + surrounds, and the kids have been catching your other monster friends to keep as pets. Your job is to sneak around the village and rescue your friends. They are kept in cages, and you have to find keys to unlock them. It's basically a cutesy stealth game. If a villager spots you, they will alert the guards. If a guard spots you, you get caught. You can hide in tall grass.
- Will be viewed from a top-town angle. Like: \\
- No interiors required - won't be going into any houses
- Patches of tall grass for our monster to hide in - guards can't see him/her in the tall grass
- Lots of places to sneak around - alleys, behind houses etc.
- Places to look for cage keys - flower pots, crates, barrels etc.
- Hoiw big?? Uhmmmm... we'll see
- 5 male
- 5 female
- We will make a template for each to copy/paste and they can be decorated
- 1 Guard type, based on the template
- 10 Types of monsters, all the same size as you
- Please do not copy any Pokemon!!
- Caught monsters will be in little bird cages, so we need a cage model too. The cages will be placed around town in front of the houses.
- We will pick 32 colours to build with and put them on a flat world
- All building must be done by midnight (GMT) on Sunday
- To get to the build world, use /ld
5. Main character
- A monster!
- Maybe in a male/female version?
Kbai, good luck!
==== ORIGINAL POST ====
Every once in a while, IndieSquish gets together on a weekend to participate in the Ludum Dare game jam. The aim is to make an entire game in 72 hours. Squishies build stuff on a separate creative world we provide, and the built items then get used in whatever the game is. It's always great fun and anyone can participate, no matter how good/bad a builder you think you are.
As an example, see some of our previous entries:
DATE: Weekend of 21 August.
TIME: Still to be decided
More info here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/