Vanilla Ender Pong Build

General, non-server-related Minecraft chat
Burningvillage

Vanilla Ender Pong Build

Postby Burningvillage » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:29 am

I recently finished a new version of a vanilla build for Ender Pong. It turned out really well. The main change I made was that you have to throw from colored blocks and aim for squares that match the color you are standing on.

When the sand drops, its broken by a torch and then sent to a collection chest via hoppers and item elevators under the stadium.

Molybdene
Admin

Re: Vanilla Ender Pong Build

Postby Molybdene » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am

Hi, nice thing you got there ^^

fun design, a bit unbalanced (pretty sure the purple has less distance overall).

A few questions:
- How do you check that the right player has entered the correct hole?
- Why are you collecting the sand for? to reset it? to compute the score?
- Not using command blocs was part of the design to allow it for a survival build?

Design idea:
use colored concrete dust instead of plain ol' sand & wool, it will look cool and you'll get a way to count the score in your collection chest (a bit of sorting and you have a signal strengh !
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

Burningvillage

Re: Vanilla Ender Pong Build

Postby Burningvillage » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Interesting Idea with the sand. Yes, not using command blocks was due to it being a survival build, the sand is reclaimed so we don't have to continuously resupply it. The players can choose to stand on whichever block they like, and can choose a different one each turn. It's main purpose is in a 2vs2 or 3vs3 no one aims for the same square. Also in the first version of this I built I noticed people were standing in the same spot every time and memorizing where to point their crosshairs to hit a target, this way I can periodically rotate the colored blocks so people cant play the same way every time.

Return to “General Minecraft Chat”