Greenleaf DOOOOM

Server news & announcements for the MineSquish Minecraft server
Crossfire94
Admin

Greenleaf DOOOOM

Postby Crossfire94 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Taken from the DIscord Announcement Page

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT!
Late last night, the M.A.S.H Furnaces that where burning excess lumber encountered a critical error causing them to detonate and explode causing massive fires to spread through out Greenleaf!

The Admin Fire Department (AFD) was unable to bring the fire under-control and is still spreading over the area.

Because of the Explosion, the whole landscape has been charred and is in a uninhabitable state for animals, plants and humans. The beautification project has been suspended since the contractors have lost all funding for the project due to the explosion.

We sincerely apologies for any damages or inconveniences this may have caused.

-M.A.S.H

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's that time again. DOOOM is upon us once again with the release of 1.13 Pre-Release earlier today. The admins will be building a new world for you all and the old one will be gone once all of our plugins have updated. When that will be? I don't know i'm not psychic.

If you don't want to lose any items in the world move, please transport them to the Exploration world.

Disclaimer: As is the nature with fire, it's very hard to control, as a result the admins cannot be held responsible for damaged property. We're making every effort to avoid player houses but on some occasions fire has spread before we can stop it. Has anyone ever heard of the law of unintended consequences? ;)

Questions can be asked here or on Discord.
-Crossfire94
日本語だいすき!!
I direct live TV for a living so my play time is minimal...
Ask Me Anything!

Minecraftgeek70
Head Curmudgeon

Re: Greenleaf DOOOOM

Postby Minecraftgeek70 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Hmm I can't quote the planet of the apes (original) ending on this family friendly server without breaking the rules .. but I can paraphrase ;)

"You finally really did it.

[screaming]

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, dang you! Gosh dang you all to Grimsby!!"*

*or words to that effect ;p

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:50 am

I accept that DOOM is coming, but, fair warning about builds being damaged would have been appreciated, in addition to the note to move inventory to Exploration. I am looking forward to the new world, and appreciate the effort that it requires, but it is a bit disturbing to log on, look for your house to move some inventory and find a burnt shell. I'm not on the Discord page so whatever is posted there I don't see, and I'm sure many others don't either. I debated whether I should say something, but I feel I have to as it just didn't feel like a great playing experience.

Minecraftgeek70
Head Curmudgeon

Postby Minecraftgeek70 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:24 am

before the server is rolled over to 1.13 and a new spawn is created, can someone look at the structure schematic back up command? I tried it on my build but i suspect it's too big.. despite saying it worked it didn't export the schematic for download !!

Mummywummy. Sorry to hear about the damage. As a survivor of many doom events i've learnt to be wary of floods, meteors, explosions, plagues and alien invasions ;) That's why I (a) always build well away from spawn and (b) build high above water levels ;)

of course, saying that I suspect the next 1.13 to 1.14 doom event will probably involve a top down/outside in destruction method shrinking the world in on itself... collapsing space-time bubble anyone? XD hehe

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:03 am

I can understand, and as an adult, it's not an issue to start again, really, but still disconcerting if you are not fully aware what "doom" entails. If my ASD son had experienced it, he would have been devastated to find half a house...he no longer plays on the server though.

Darthminecraft63

Postby Darthminecraft63 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 pm

lol i havent played for awhile and for me to go back on and find that half of my house is destroyed is great. itll be great to start again

Return to “MineSquish News & Announcements”